Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Any Big Budget Zombie Flicks on the Horizon? Rate Topic: -----

User is offline   Trioxin Martini 

• Zombie Captain
  • Group: Members
  • LocationWest Bridgewater, MA
Just wondering if anyone knows of any soon to be released big budget zombie movies (along the lines of Dawn of the Dead '04) other than Word War Z?

User is offline   AT120 

• Fresh Corpse
The Hoard, which is a French high budget film, is available on DVD. Unfortunately, the only way to get copies is via eBay.

User is offline   Chris Morey 

• Zombie Master Sergeant
They're going to make a movie based off Stephen King's "Cell" which isn't quite a standard zombie tale but would still be a great flick. Not sure when the movie is gonna come out though.
Browse our ever growing selection of books and order from us directly at:

Horror books and more at Dark Regions Press

We also have a free raffle going on where you can win books signed by Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Clive Barker and more. Enter now at:

Free horror books raffle

User is offline   C J 

• Still Breathing

View PostAT120, on 21 November 2010 - 07:00 PM, said:

The Hoard, which is a French high budget film, is available on DVD. Unfortunately, the only way to get copies is via eBay.

Wow, this is available at the blockbuster(Canada) near my home. The funny thing is that I just finished watching this. The movie is spoken in French and is dubbed over in English(option) so don't forget to activate this in the setup otherwise you'll be watching subtitles. Overalll, its worth watching keep in mind the outbreak scene is pretty bad after that it gets better and some of the characters are cool. The fat guy. hehe.
[SIGPIC]The end goal is to control the whole society, to have the bankers and elite people control the world. -Nicholas Rockerfeller
But this control goes far beyond military and space hardware. In modern warfare, there is a struggle for control over the hearts and minds of whole populations, whether by psychologivcal or chemical means.[/SIGPIC]

User is offline   TomR 

• Still Breathing

View PostChris Morey, on 24 November 2010 - 04:51 AM, said:

They're going to make a movie based off Stephen King's "Cell" which isn't quite a standard zombie tale but would still be a great flick. Not sure when the movie is gonna come out though.

Cell was Axed as a movie, if you look on IMDB, it's either going to be a TV movie or a TV series. At least according to the IMDB site. I was really excited to hear that book was going to be a film and was constantly checking up on the status of it and was pretty angry when it disappeared then reappeared with the (TV) notation beside it. The length of the book and the number of events though, could make a pretty successful series. If people were willing to give it a chance or read the book.

User is offline   Dogg Thang 

• Worm Buffet
Isn't there a Zombieland sequel in the works?

User is offline   phatboii 

• Fresh Corpse
  • LocationBFE FLORIDA
idk but if there is i dont think it could be as good as the first, id like to se another shaun of the dead movie.
When the power of love out weighs the love of power, the world shall know peace- Jimi Hendrix

User is offline   Crombie 

• Zombie 1st Lieutenant
I have not heard of anything, but my understanding is that Zombieland could be a trilogy and last I read any sequel is still a few years off. Simon Pegg actually just tweeted that there will never be a Shaun of the Dead sequel, and specifically:

For the record, there will never be a Shaun of the Dead 2. It's finished, done, dead and everyone knows, dead things don't come back.

S.miling T.idying U.rban D.ads
S.T.U.D. ID# 696-969-696-6969
Smacking zombies upside the head, and loving the ladies for 32 years.

• Worm Buffet
Of course, that last part will have people speculating. Because we all know that dead things DO come back.

User is offline   paultagonist 

• Undead Vice Admiral
  • LocationKansas City, Missouri, in the backwater region of the Milky Way
Pride & Prejudice & Zombies may very well still get made, according to this article, but I don't think it's close to the horizon.
Besides that.. that may be it. There's a few that have kinda-big budgets I guess, like Breathers: A Zombie's Lament, the remake of Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things, aaaand... I dunno. Try Upcoming Horror Movies zombie category for some help. :-)

OH -- There's also [Rec]: Genesis and [Rec]: Apocalypse.
"Like" All Things Zombie on Facebook
Posted Image
Once you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

User is offline   mk2 

• Worm Buffet

View Postphatboii, on 02 December 2010 - 11:49 AM, said:

idk but if there is i dont think it could be as good as the first, id like to se another shaun of the dead movie.

Zombieland was originally a 12 episode tv series that was pitched and rejected by the networks . The first 3 episodes were made into the movie. The remaining 9 episodes were already written and ready to go and sources say the material is solid all the way through. Considering Woody Harrelson was signed up for the sequel ( and he personally never does sequels but thought the story arc was really great) the second movie is definitely going to be made and the expectation is that it will be just as good as the first.

• Worm Buffet
Well I really enjoyed Zombieland for the most part so I'm totally up for a sequel. Would love a bit more undead action in it though. I know it's mostly a comedy, but there were whole chunks of the first movie where it felt the zombies had vanished. I think I remember reading (probably on AICN) that there was talk of the sequel being in 3D.

User is offline   Zombiecarter 

• Worm Buffet
  • LocationUtah, USA

View PostDogg Thang, on 10 December 2010 - 05:32 AM, said:

Well I really enjoyed Zombieland for the most part so I'm totally up for a sequel. Would love a bit more undead action in it though. I know it's mostly a comedy, but there were whole chunks of the first movie where it felt the zombies had vanished. I think I remember reading (probably on AICN) that there was talk of the sequel being in 3D.

Zombieland 2 should be awesome. I don't know how I feel about it being in 3d though. I'm not a fan of 3d.

User is offline   goesaround 

• Worm Buffet
Well this kind of counts.... Jarlath Conroy the Irish actor in Romero's great Day of the Dead (Now that was a Underground Facility) as well as a fine little independent Irish Zombie flick set in a school is going to be in the True Grit remake and plays an Undertaker! "Jesus,Joseph and Mary!"
Sam Wenger

User is offline   MorganaLeFaye 

• Zombie Major

View Postgoesaround, on 15 December 2010 - 06:21 AM, said:

Well this kind of counts.... Jarlath Conroy the Irish actor in Romero's great Day of the Dead (Now that was a Underground Facility) as well as a fine little independent Irish Zombie flick set in a school is going to be in the True Grit remake and plays an Undertaker! "Jesus,Joseph and Mary!"

and the name of that is ?

This post has been edited by MorganaLeFaye: 15 December 2010 - 08:44 AM

]Posted Image "i can't go to WORK today... the VOICES told me to stay home and CLEAN MY GUNS...."

User is offline   lavel 

• Zombie Staff Sergeant

View Postphatboii, on 02 December 2010 - 11:49 AM, said:

Yeah, me too. I'd like to see the wheelchair zombie back again.

User is offline   goesaround 

• Worm Buffet

View PostMorganaLeFaye, on 15 December 2010 - 08:42 AM, said:

and the name of that is ?

If I remebered the name I would have included...I will Google and be right back. Got it!!! DETAINED! Google it. It is fine!
Sam Wenger

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users