I'm Stephanie, community manager for game studio Downward Viral! We're working to launch a zombie-themed digital trading card game on Kickstarter called "Z.," which pits Zombies against Survivors and uses deep strategies and mechanics to simulate a real zombie apocalypse. We'd LOVE your feedback on the idea!
The cool part is that we use live photography and gruesome horror effects for the cards, and we've brought on some special guests: like Tim Schafer and Ron Gilbert of Double Fine Productions, cosplayer Jessica Nigri (Lollipop Chainsaw), Mr. Destructoid, Tex Murphy, and more! These guest cards are free to backers at every level, btw. (Take a look at our Kickstarter video to see the making of Zombie Whitney.)
We're also teaming up with the crew behind the Left 4 Dead short film to make live-action episodic content for the game.
Z. is best described as "Magic: The Gathering meets The Walking Dead," only totally free-to-play with unlocks that happen naturally. Our creative director Sebastian Haley recently posted an update (in his daily series) that talks about the differences and what makes our game unique. We really want to make the best, fairest product possible.
We're also offering plenty of rewards for backers, like a print-and-play bonus and a Deluxe Edition physical box set. The digital version supports cross-platform play for iOS, PC, Android, Mac, Facebook, and Linux.
Below are some additional highlights. Let me know what you think or if you have any questions! You're also free to email me directly -- just ask!
- Single-player episodic story mode w/ live-action cutscenes!
- Single or cooperative "RPG" mode with random loot, XP, and more!
- Turn-based multiplayer duels -- take your turn whenever you want!
- Auto-sort your library: instantly create custom decks to fit your playstyle!
- Intelligent matchmaking -- play against people with the same power decks
- Killstreaks, traps, and equipment sets bring elements of your favorite games to the trading card genre